and i would sing you a loud lullaby. when you hover aside and fall asleep. and when you drift in dreams... my loud lullaby will keep you awake.




funeral.and.wedding...


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



A funeral and a wedding

I’m in my hometown Semarang, and two things happened here… a funeral and a wedding…

Last year on when I joined LJ, and blogspot, I wrote an entry about a friend that cheat on his wife…
Well… sadly… everything ended tragically…

His wife died last Friday, she died on her way delivering her baby… Actually she was in great shape, and healthy… but on her effort, she felt enormous pain and pass out… then when her family tried to take her to another hospital… it was too late… The child was not even born, and died together with his mother….

I really have no idea to say… I felt so sorry… a few months ago… she always calling me on my cell and asking news about her husband… at first I have no problem with that, but this thing keep on going and going and finally I felt like I was misplaced everything… So I kinda push her out… I refused to talk about her husband, as I tried to keep things with him as they were… I wasn’t being a good friend for her… I even lied to her… I told her that I and her husband are no longer stay in the same house…. I even lied…. And I felt terrible….

I know that I may not be a good friend; I tried to warn him of his conduct, but it was obvious that he is not all ears… Imagine this, if your wife is fighting her way out on delivering a new baby… I couldn’t even imagine any better place then next to your wife… if your wife pregnant, I can imagine that you would go and having fun with other woman… well… my friend did…. But I cannot blame him for not being there for her wife… actually he was planning on going to Semarang and he promises the other guys to go together and went to my friends wedding… I know that he prolly felt bad if he left and didn’t keep his promise… but her wife delivery process was ahead of schedule….

And then tragedy happens…. I know that things aren’t going well for both of them… Now, everything is too late… I’m not holding any grudge on my friend… right or wrong… as far as I’m concern… To me he still dear…

At the funeral I only make a random guess on what he felt…. Shocked, sad, sorry, thinking so many “I wish things were…” or “how could I let this happen?...”…. I don’t know.

All I see was “regret” standing on the corner, smiled grimly and whisper… “I know I’m late…. I always did…”.

On the funeral I spoke to her daughter… she’s 8 years old and totally adorable…. Her name is Ola… :

Spin: Psst…..
Ola : Psstt….too…
Spin: Did u miss me?...
Ola : *smiled*
Spin: Hey… could you pass me that candy….
Ola : Hehehe…. Candy is bad for your teeth…. Mom said that… ( she grinned and showed me her front teeth was gone… )
Spin: Psstt….. can I keep you….
Ola : No….. Unca… you no fun… you only fun when we were drawing snoopy….
Spin: really?…
Ola : Yeah….

Oh dear…. That simple chat was totally a heartbreak…. In my religion, a woman that died on her way delivering her baby is going straight to heaven…. I could never think anything best…


Meanwhile, my close friends is getting married today, both of them…. They totally deserve it… they’ve been together for over nine years ( WOW !! ), and I witness how their relation going…

Me and some of the guys pay them a visit after the funeral, for a pre wedding ocassion… and things was good enough to make my day a little bit enlighten…

I haven’t heard any news from my friends from Djogja…. Hopefully they can make it…

PS:
I felt empty….


 

1 Responses to “funeral.and.wedding...”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Man...man...sometimes i don't believe what Man says

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


behind the blog

and days go by

box of past tense

my comforting space


familiar faces


your echoes

 


ATOM 0.3

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from stizilkin. Make your own badge here.



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Powered by Blogger and Blogger Templates